As many of you know last week we had a great presentation from two of our current placement students at Volkswagen. For those of you that attended you will know what a fantastic opportunity this, but if you couldn’t make it don’t worry!
Here you will find some useful company information and more information on the roles and how you can make your application stand out.
Under the “umbrella” brand of Volkswagen AG the company has 5 brands within the UK and 12 brands on a global scale.
Within the UK its brands are:
- Volkswagen Passenger
- Volkswagen commercial vehicles
The company is rapidly becoming a standout in the UK car market and currently sells over 9 million cars per year. As of 2013, it ranked 9th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s largest companies.
As far as working for Volkswagen the company boasts some incredible benefits on their undergraduate scheme these include:
- Opportunities to work within a variety of business disciplines
- A salary of £16,500 + a performance bonus
- 27 days holidays plus bank holidays
- An option for a discounted loan car scheme and subsidised insurance
- Benefits website that includes shopping, gym membership and bike discounts
- Great social atmosphere with other graduates and undergraduates
- Options to attend skills workshops and courses throughout the year
- Opportunities for international travel to countries such as Germany and Italy
- Structured placement experience with real responsibility and management support
- Apply via www.vwgraduates.co.uk with your CV and cover letter
- Answer a short questionnaire
- Telephone interview (with competency based question)
- Assessment centre in which you will have to create presentation and participate in interviews and various group tasks
Hint and tips
For competency based questions use the STARR method! For more information on the STARR method please click here.
A question that was asked last year by the recruiter was: What motivates you to succeed?
When being asked a question about motivation, never say money! Instead try and look at what motivates you in life reflect on your own personal experiences. This could be that you believe in being a high achiever and always want to do your best. Or perhaps you have high ambitions and you need a company to be able to match this. Try to show the interviewer that what motivates you will ultimately benefit the company in return.
Good luck with you application.
Closing date for 2014: 27th October 2014