Currently listed as the 4th biggest company in the world, General Electric has some great opportunities for undergraduate students. Being such a vast company they have a wide range of roles within various business departments, below are listed their current roles for the 2014/2015 academic year.
- Human Resources
- Sourcing and Supply Chain
- Financial Risk
- Environment H&S
- Business Management
- Sales & Customer Management
- Product Management
Founded by Thomas Edison in 1892 General Electric has long been established within the industry as a top performer. The company operates in 150 countries globally and has 300,000 employees worldwide. The sectors that the company cover include Energy, Health, Finance, Transport, Home / living, Power and water, Aviation and Business solutions.
Why General Electric
- Networking / relationship building
- Enhance their CV’s
- Real world experience
- Opportunities to work with people around the world.
- Build a strong career foundation
- Massive exposure to a vast array of business disciplines
- Global skills
- Graduate Scheme
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- 26 days holidays
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- £16,000 plus £2,000 worth of benefits
- Relaxed and friendly working environment
What does general Electric want in their candidates?
- Being a technology company it’s no surprise that anyone applying for a position with them should be passionate about Technology.
- When applying Try to show that you have gone the “extra mile” in both your studies and in your extra-curricular activities.
- You must have a minimum 2:1 degree
- Solid technical and analytical skills coupled with business acumen
- Relevant work experience prior internships and extracurricular responsibilities
How to apply
- CV application online (Click here)
- Online psychometric aptitude test
- Phone interview
- Face to face with a hiring manager
- Offer extended