Last week we had a great presentation from Hannah Cunliffe one of our current placement students working as a Product Assistant at TUI Travel. If you missed it, don’t worry this blog contains all of the information covered in the presentation along with some helpful hints and tips for your application.
Who is TUI Travel?
TUI Group is a multinational travel and tourism company and is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company in the world. The group owns six European airlines – the largest holiday fleet in Europe and UK-based tour operators Thomson and First Choice.
Why TUI Travel?
- Award winning placement scheme
- The opportunity to work in a real role with real responsibility
- Big emphasis on Learning and Development
- £16,000 salary
- £500 relocation loan
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous holiday concessions
- Other travel benefits and offers
- Excellent career training and development
Product – Responsible for the planning, pricing and product marketing of innovative package holidays that deliver optimal profit.
Trading – Responsible for yield managing the company’s products focusing on maximising margin and selling in line with forecasted rate of sale. Roles available in Early and Late Trading.
Cruise – Responsible for yield managing the sale of cruise cabins in order to maximise margin and volume in line with forecasted rate of sale.
Online Merchandising Executive – You’ll be taking responsibility for executing and managing a range of on-site merchandising campaigns, whilst maintaining promotions and special offers across some of the busiest websites in Travel.
- Application form
- Online numerical test
- Telephone interview
- Assessment centre
What they are looking for?
- 300 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels
- Willingness to work hard in a high performance environment
Top tips for application and interview!
- Know the company inside and out
- Use the placement unit at every stage of the selection process
- Read the job specification and tailor your answers to what they are looking for!
- Practice, practice, practice for online tests!
If you would like to apply for any of these positions then please click here.