At Panasonic, there are 13 Roles on Offer with core responsibility and ownership of projects, Beth and Ella very much emphasized that you are apart of the team and not “just” a placement student. There is very much an opportunity to travel in terms of visiting retailers and doing careers fairs / employer presentations within universities.
Benefits: Subsidised staff restaurant, discounted Panasonic products, free parking, 25 days holiday per annum, subsidised gym and sports hall.
Business Support Co-Ordinator
Ideal if you aren’t sure what you would like to specialise in at this stage as you can gain commercial awareness through all areas of the business!
- First line of support for the business to business system
- Co-ordinate clear cut communication of marketing initiatives – monitor price changes and model descriptions
- Analysing market research
- Responsible for dealers and POS in retailer outlets
- Day to day B2B system support for dealers and Area Sales Managers
- Manage the user profiles for dealers
- Advertising space
- Working alongside brand communications and marketing product managers
- Monitor Budgets
The role is wide-spaced working throughout all areas of the business and through varied companies within Panasonic Group
- Undertake finance and operational audits across Panasonic Europe Region
- Conducting audits in particular countries, analysing data, presenting to senior management and making recommendations
To support the Management team, in marketing for UK and Ireland, through implementation of marketing strategy, support of product launches, data analysis, etc
- Working with Product Managers and Assistant Product Managers
- Assist in the development of marketing strategy for 2016 – 2017
- General marketing administration
- Market analysis and competitors intelligence
- Liaison with market data supplier: GFK / Future Source / You Gov, etc…
- Updating web content
- Assist in business planning for Panasonic UK
- Assist in promotional activities
- Liaison with Japan regarding stock and marketing materials.
- Liaison with marketing agencies on departmental projects.
- Activating and facilitating marketing projects
Service Development Project Assistant
The Panasonic Service Department is responsible for the delivery of aftersales support for all Consumer Products sold across North West Europe. Consisting of B2C Support Services and B2B Technical teams based in the UK and the Nordics; working alongside third party suppliers including a national network of Product Service Agents and an overseas customer contact centre.
Working alongside the team to deliver and enhance:
- Customer journey: develop overall customer experience from product purchase to product support and repair
- Product servicing: review third part repairs network and renegotiate commercial offering to move toward partnering relationships (travel involved!)
- Support services: enhance B2B and B2C operations
- Sales & Marketing: increase customer support and product information available via company website
- Business planning: analysing cost management and service spend per product category
- Strategy: working with senior management and other stakeholders for continuous improvement
- Customer service: ensure that the channels for communications are effective and pro-actively managed through feedback
PR Assistant B2B
Support Brand Communications team in reporting and proactive PR work for the Consumer Group. This includes generating and reporting media coverage.
- Day to day liaison with journalists
- Handling requests, admin, delivery, tracking and collection of review products
- Analysing, logging, distributing PR coverage
- Assisting PR team
- Organising and attending launches / events
- Handling day-to-day administration for product PR
Legal Compliance – Environmental Affairs
Panasonic’s commitment to creating “A Better Life, A Better World” and our corporate ‘Green Plan 2018’ requires us to drive sustainability management throughout the business, including in our UK Sales and Marketing operation, where this role is based.
- Obtaining a deep understanding of environmental legislation and issues to assist in this business area
- Supporting the departments engagement with external stakeholders
- Organising local CSR initiatives
- Monitoring day to day developments external to the company
- Project work
Sales and Marketing – Air Conditioning
Panasonic are market leaders in Air Conditioning in Europe. The UK market is presently growing and continually developing, whilst redefining its existing and new customer base. This gives you a great opportunity to learn all aspects of business and most importantly put your mark on this expanding business
- Working alongside the product manager
- Organising events and exhibitions
- Budget management
- Ordering, distributing and managing promotional materials
- Managing and storing partnership agreement
- Manage seasonal promotions
- Daily social media and website maintenance
- First point of contact for Panasonic accredited partners
CV Tips straight from Panasonic
- Include your name
- Up to date contacts is absolutely KEY
- Personal Profile
- Education – no extended information on GCSE’s, just how many & grades!
- A Levels – subjects and grades
- 1st / 2nd year University modules with grades
** any extracurricular activities are key, as Panasonic LOVE to see this!**
- Full employment history
- References available on request
- Colour if applying for a creative role
- No more than 2 FULL pages
Cover Letter Tips straight from Pansonic
- Research company and role applying for
- Why do you want to work for Panasonic? (Make sure the correct company name is on the cover letter, you will be surprised at how many people apply for Panasonic with a different company name)
- Transferable skills from either part time experience or education
- Positions of responsibility
- State what YOU can give to Panasonic not just what they can give to you
- No mistakes – PROOF READ or get a friend to read over it for you. A fresh pair of eyes is always a good thing!!
Some amazing opportunities even with scope to travel. Don’t wait, apply here now: http://bit.ly/1MMNKca
Keep engaged on social media #PanasonicPlacement
Closing: 10-17th January 2016 | Salary: £17,000 | Location: Bracknell | How to apply: CV & Cover Letter to
(with subject PANA 007) HR Assistant, Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berks, RG12 8FP. Tel: 01344 853 075.
Or alternatively email them with subject code PANA 007 to: firstname.lastname@example.org